We Lucky Few is a three-piece band with violin/fiddle, guitar, percussion and vocals. We cover rock, folk, Americana, bluegrass, the blues, pop, Celtic music and more, and we are not afraid to take some chances!
We cover the likes of Son Volt, Jason Isbell, the Beatles, Gear Daddies, SRV, Neil Diamond, Prince, U2, Lucero, Tyler Childers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Wilco, the Stray Cats, Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, and many more.
We also have sets for around St. Patrick’s Day and Irish Fair with your favorite Irish traditional music, jigs, and reels, and cover artists like the Pogues, the Waterboys, the Dubliners, the Irish Rovers, Makem and Clancy and many to that type too.
Just let us know if you'd like to see a rock/Americana or Celtic set list. We sprinkle in an original song now and then. We are known for being entertaining, enthusiastic, skilled, and easy to work with. Our format makes it easy for us to set up in small to mid-size rooms and outdoor spaces, and when needed we have our own gear so we can play just about anywhere.
Claire Loudon: Violin/Fiddle, Vocals
Chad Strathman: Guitar, Vocals
Greg Wiley: Percussion, Vocals
See We Lucky Few at your local brewery, winery, pub, bar, coffee shop, and occasionally on your local street corner doing our busker thing.
Book We Lucky Few to play at your corporate or charitable event, or private event, wedding, block party, graduation party, or back yard or basement party. We've got music to fit each occasion!
Flexibility We can be more or less than we:
The full We Lucky Few.
We Lucky Two -- With Claire and Chad, Claire and Greg, or Greg and Chad-- smaller, quieter format for smaller quieter places.
We Lucky More -- We can add bass and another guitar for that full band sound!
Check out the videos and live recordings, and click on the YouTube video icon near the bottom of the screen for more videos. Come check us out, sing along, and become one of the Lucky Few!
We Lucky Few Covers Sizzle Reel 2023
Devil Went Down to Georgia at Kip's February 2023
WLF St. Pat's Irish Music Sampler 2023
- Sat, Mar 16MinneapolisMar 16, 2024, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMMinneapolis, 85 N 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Sun, Mar 17MinneapolisMar 17, 2024, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMMinneapolis, 85 N 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Sat, Sep 16MinneapolisSep 16, 8:00 PM – 11:00 PMMinneapolis, 85 N 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USAMan do we love playing at this place. Get your Irish on, and a bunch of other stuff too. Come on out for great food and music!
- Sat, Aug 19MinneapolisAug 19, 9:00 PM – Aug 20, 12:00 AMMinneapolis, 85 N 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USAWow- we've accomplished so much in just one year-- over a dozen great shows, eight different venues, ten original songs (with more in the works) and most importantly, hours and hours of good times!
- Sun, Aug 13Saint PaulAug 13, 2:30 PM – 3:20 PMSaint Paul, 175 W Water St, St Paul, MN 55117, USAWe have the privilege of being asked to perform at Irish Fair 2023 in St. Paul. Unbelievable! It's gonna be a quick one so don't be late!
- Fri, Jun 02MinneapolisJun 02, 9:00 PM – Jun 03, 12:00 AMMinneapolis, 85 N 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USACome on out and see us June 2, at Kieran's, one of our favorite places to play! Great food, staff, and music. We'll refresh our playlist, so prepare for some surprises!
- Sat, Apr 08MinneapolisApr 08, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PMMinneapolis, 85 N 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USANothing but Good Times Here (to quote one of our songs). Upwards of three hours of great music this night. Come by after the game!
- Sun, Dec 04Bear Cave BrewingDec 04, 2022, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PMBear Cave Brewing, 1201 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, USACome see us cover all types of music, from Prince to Neil Diamond! Bear Cave is a great spot with tasty pizzas and many beer options. https://bearcavebrewing.com
Equipment & Tech Rider.
We have our own Bose L1 Pro16 PA system, mixer, and monitor speakers
Greg plays a Mienl Cajon set up and a Malachi Kearns Bodhran, (He often brings and extra Bodhran to show others how to play!)
Chad plays a rather beautiful Fuller acoustic guitar.
Claire plays one helluva violin/fiddle.